In the News
- City Council approves zoning for Bakersfield Commons
ABC 23 News: 11/16/16
The proposed plan is said to bring just under 8,000 construction related jobs to Bakersfield...
- Matthew Pakkala, CFO for World Oil Receives Award
Los Angeles Business Journal: 9/26/2016
LA Business Journal & RSM award Matthew Pakkala with the RSM Middle Market CFO of the Year Award for 2016.
- City Moves Forward with Bakersfield Commons
ABC Channel 23: 8/31/2016
Plans for Bakersfield Commons project to be discussed Thursday
- World Oil Holds Open House for Local Community
SB Wire: 8/5/2016
California's leading recycler of used motor oil and antifreeze holds its annual open house.
- Revised Plans Unveiled for Bakersfield Commons
Developers of a long-delayed real estate project generally northwest of Coffee and Brimhall roads have proposed substantial changes including a new hospital, a boutique hotel and senior housing, as well as many more apartments and far less retail space than envisioned just a few years ago.
- What's Next with Bakersfiled Commons?
Bakersfield Californian: 3/5/2015
Developers are ready to move forward with the project...
- Fortress Forges United Oil Acquisition
CSP Industry News: 7/8/2014
United Oil is the trade name for United El Segundo Inc. and Apro LLC. Apro is 50% owned by United, with the other 50% owned by World Oil Corp., a privately held company that owns and operates gas stations, refineries and other petroleum-related businesses in California.
- Bernard B. Roth dies at 95; founder of South Gate-based World Oil Corp.
Los Angeles Times: 3/31/2011
Bernard B. Roth, founder of South Gate-based World Oil Corp. and an early promoter of self-service gas stations at a time when pumping your own gas was considered novel and possibly dangerous, has died. He was 95.